Please consider making a donation in support of our mission, as established by His Holiness the Dalai Lama. Your contributions make possible our many efforts to promote world peace, religious harmony, education in science and religion, as well as preservation of the ancient culture of Tibet.
By clicking on ‘Donate’ (top right), you will be given options for a one-time gift and/or a regular monthly gift. All gifts, in whatever amount, are deeply appreciated. Listed below you will find a few of the uses to which your gift will be applied.
- Invitations to renown Geshes (master teachers) and Tibetan Buddhist scholars.
- Fall/Spring classes taught by a resident Geshe.
- Weekend Intensives on a range of subjects relevant to those who are simply curious and more advanced students
- Sand Mandala constructions and demonstrations offered by the monks here and around the country.
- Special events such as Losar, Uprising Day, His Holiness the Dalai Lama’s birthday celebrations, Sakya Dawa, an annual Tibet Day in Ithaca, pujas, etc.
These are all in addition to the usual operational expenses which include basics such as food, transportation, technology updates, rising insurance costs, and payroll.
Finally, we ask you to consider our need to complete payments on a major, 10 year loan that was used for the recently built student Residences. While it is expected that income from housing itself with be very helpful in repaying the loan, additional donations will also be needed.